October 29, 2014
From our friends at NYU, please see the attached job opportunity involving cybersecurity.
CLS & CRISSP AD Fellow Announcement FINAL.pdf
October 27, 2014
From our friends at the ABA Standing Committee on Law and National Security:
Deadline for early conference registration submission has been EXTENDED to TUESDAY, OCTOBER 28. You may still register online, (see below) or use the attached registration form to complete and fax or scan/email it back to the Committee offices.
In addition, the amount of CLE credits the ABA is authorized to request has INCREASED to 14.0, INCLUDING 1.75 ethics credit. The final list of panelists for the complimentary opening reception on Wednesday, November 5 is attached.
The Annual Review Conference will include:
- an update on developments in national security law by Executive Branch General Counsels
- discussions on the Role of the Judiciary in National Security; the Future of Foreign Intelligence; The Economic and Financial Threat Domain; Military Justice and Cybersecurity
- a discussion with Judge James Baker and Harvey Rishikof on Ethical Issues Facing Lawyers Practicing National Security Law
- networking, career opportunities and more !!
We look forward to seeing you at the conference!
Standing Committee on Law and National Security
1050 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20036
|24th Annual Review of the Field of National Security Law CLE Conference*
Thursday, November 6 – Friday, November 7, 2014
Capital Hilton Hotel
1001 16th Street, N.W.
Sponsored by the American Bar Association Standing Committee on Law and National Security
Cosponsored by the
Center for National Security Law, University of Virginia School of Law
Center on Law, Ethics and National Security, Duke University School of Law
Center on National Security and the Law, Georgetown Law
*14.0 CLE credits (including Ethics) have been requested
|Lunch- Thursday, Nov. 6
||Dinner – Thursday, Nov. 6
||Lunch – Friday, Nov. 7
The Honorable Suzanne E. Spaulding
National Protection and Programs Directorate
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Sir James D. Wolfensohn
Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
Wolfensohn Fund Management;
Fmr. President, World Bank
Vice Admiral Nanette DeRenzi
Judge Advocate General
|What will attendance at the 24th Annual Review offer you?
– A full year’s worth of CLE credits, including ethics *state applications pending
– Networking opportunities with others active in the national security and intelligence community – stay abreast of national security developments and hear from executive branch general counsels and other experts in the field
– Opening reception including a program on "Litigating With and Against National Security Entities" on Wednesday, November 5 at Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft
|EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION
(special rates for ABA members, government lawyers and law students)
Deadline – October 28
– Conference Program –
– Register Online / Registration Form (Mail/Fax) –
– Continuing Legal Education –
|This message was sent to david.pulaski. Your e-mail address will only be used within the ABA.
We do not sell or rent e-mail addresses.
American Bar Association | 321 N Clark, Chicago, IL 60654-7598 | 800-285-2221 | 312-988-5522
CNSLPP event 5 November 2014 v.3.pdf