* upcoming event: "Nine Years Later: Civil Rights and Civil Liberties in Post-9/11 America"(U. Penn. 10/28/10, 6:00-8:00)
The Asian American Studies Program and South Asia Center of the University of Pennsylvania invite you to the following panel discussion
Nine Years Later: Civil Rights and Civil Liberties in Post-9/11 America
This forum will address the state of civil rights and civil liberties in the United States in the post-9/11 context, focusing especially on the impact of the law on Muslims domestically and the battle for hearts and minds abroad.
Confirmed panelists include:
* Baher Azmy, Professor of Law, Seton Hall Law School
* Hope Metcalf, Clinical Lecturer in Law, Yale Law School
* Kermit Roosevelt, Professor of Law, University of Pennsylvania
* Steve Vladeck, Professor of Law, Washington College of Law, American University
* Sarah Paoletti (moderator), Practice Associate Professor of Law, University of Pennsylvania
The event will be held on Thursday, September 28th from 6:00pm-8:00pm at the Class of 1949 Auditorium, Houston Hall, 3417 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. It is free and open to the public.
For more information, please contact Dawinder "Dave" S. Sidhu at sidhu.
Special thanks to the Muslim Law Students Association